In this case, the most important factor when sizing up the gaming chairs is the durability. That is why we have the Vertagear PL 6000 Heavy Duty Gaming Chairs from Amazon.com as our Top Favorite. This heavy duty chairs are wider than its predecessors and with its amazing design, laying down is now doable when you feel tired.
DXRacer King Series DOH/KS06/NB
A chair fit for a King!
Equipped with 3-inch caster wheels for effortless movement.
Extra large design apt for bigger and taller people
DX Racer Tank DOH/TS29/NE
Efficient and Comfy
An amazing lifetime warranty on the frame. A 2-year warranty on its parts.
Comes with 4 different colors!
Furmax Executive PU Leather
Sturdy Yet Affordable
With PU (polyurethane leather) which breathes well and looks good on the chair.
#1 Best Seller in Amazon
For more than 6 months, a thorough testing of 15 big and tall gaming chair was made. We have come up with the best and worst big man chairs suitable for big and tall persons.
Best Big and Tall Gaming Chairs 2018
|Secretlab Titan||High $$$||Faux Leather||Check Price on Secretlab.co|
|KILLABEE Big and Tall Gaming Chair||Mid $$$||Faux Leather||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|DXRacer Classic Series DOH/CE120/NC Big and Tall Chair||High Mid $$$||Faux Leather||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|DXRacer Tank 450Lbs DOH/TS29/NE||High $$$||Faux Leather||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Ficmax Large Size Chair||Low Mid $$$||Faux Leather||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Clutch Chairz Throttle Series||High Mid $$$||Faux Leather||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Vertagear PL 6000||High Mid $$$||Faux Leather||Check Price on Amazon.com|
So what's really happening?
In this guide, we have selected the crème de la crème of the gaming chair market. The big and tall gaming chairs and heavy duty chairs on this list are available within a broad price range, varying from a $100 to $450 or more. We have measured each and every important feature of these heavy duty chairs including comfort, weight capacity, design, build quality, adjustability, and price effectiveness.
How to Choose a Big and Tall Gamer's Chair
Whether you’re tall or overweight, here’s a few things to keep in mind when you’re looking for the perfect big and tall gaming chairs or heavy duty chairs that support you.
Is the overall height and the headrest of the chair adjustable? Is this big and tall gaming chair something that you can customize to your liking whether you’re under 6 foot or above 6 foot?
What are others saying about big man chairs and what do the reviews of the chair look like? Often more than not, people who are over 6 foot or overweight will often leave negative comments if they had trouble enjoying the comfort of the chair.
Is the base wide enough to support you? A big man chairs that support bigger people will often have a wide base that allows for a lot of wiggle room and will have adjustable armrests that can either be flipped down or have extra padding.
What is the frame of these heavy duty chairs made with? Heavy alloy duty material is what we prefer but there’s a lot of steel or metallic based chairs that can support to 300 or even 400 pounds out there, so the frame of the chair is important.
Top 10 Big and Tall Gamer's Chair
Vertagear PL 6000 Heavy Duty Chairs
The PL6000 has a great reclining range, making it possible to lay down when you get tired from those long and intense gaming sessions. One can even go a step further to reach back by using the tilt function. This big and tall gaming chair is wider than the previous models and the large backrest makes it more comfortable. It supports up to 440 pounds or 200 kgs of weight. So if you’re a tall or big person, this is the perfect chair for you. And you never have to worry about breaking the chair due to the solid aluminum base. Rest assured these are heavy duty chairs made for heavy-duty gaming.
- The perforated PVC leather will help you enjoy gaming during summer as it is good at dissipating body heat.
- Has the new and improved seat padding. It is tough, firm, sturdy and can endure heavier weights than its previous counterparts.
- Very easy to build, allowing for easier usability and causing no hassles to inexperienced users.
- The arms can be easily adjustable, are not hard at all, and the arm height adjustment is very convenient and comfortable because of the rail used.
- The wheels are great and the chair glides smoothly on the floor.
- The looks of the chair are fairly stylish and combined with the level of comfort it provides for a large seating capacity, it is a great choice for a gaming chair for a tall and big person.Vertagear provides a variety of colors, so you can choose your favorite one.
- This big and tall gaming chair is a bit expensive at its $399 price tag, but is certainly worth the money if you want design, comfort, and of course, an unbreakable seat that can accommodate a giant.
Vertagear SL5000 Heavy Duty Gaming Chairs
The Vertagear SL5000 is another big and tall gaming chair hailing from Vertagear’s Racing series and comes with a rocket automobile bucket seat design. It can accommodate a weight of upto 330 lbs. with its strong base. Vertagear doesn’t usually produce very stylish chairs but this one’s all black design definitely makes it look like it could debut in the next Bond film. The black color suits professional as well as gaming environments.
- These big man chairs can be customized in many ways. One can purchase an antibacterial, odor-resistant pillow, caster wheels, or just a pillow case for improved aesthetics.
- The chair is rich with visual details as the Vertagear logo is put on many parts of the chair including front, back, lever etc.
- The armrest can be adjusted in four directions
- It is lightly padded and 19 inches long.
- The caster wheels are plastic made and steadily roll on the floor.
- The PVC leather on the chair is waterproof and stain resistant.
- The cushions on the lower back and neck provide great comfort.
- Getting used to as the side-lifts can be really uncomfortable for many people.
- These big man chairs can get heated in summer which is definitely something you should consider before buying.
Vertagear SL4000 Heavy Duty Chair
The Vertagear is a really good big and tall gaming chair. It deserves to be featured on our list due to many reasons. First is its remarkable level of comfort and adjustability. We understand that you as a gamer spend long hours sitting, so comfort is the first thing to look out for. The Vertagear SL4000 has a high-density padding and a ergonomic contouring on the backrest, making it perfect for hardcore gamers.
- Its hornet like design will certainly impress you with its stylish shape and curves. The contours not only look good but are made ergonomically to provide you the greatest levels of comfort. If you look at specific areas on the chair - outer thigh, shoulders, lower back, the middle part of the seat - everything is meticulously contoured to provide a comfortable seating. This is certainly a plus over the SL5000 which is a bit uncomfortable due to its side lifts.
- There is a ‘tilt tension’ wheel to control the tension in the chair during backward and forward movement.
- The chair reclines to a near flat position at a maximum angle of 150 degrees.
- In its fully upright posture, the chair has a 10-15 degree recline.
- The base of the seat has a 14” width, so please consider to measure your hip width before buying.
- The headrest cushion and the lumbar support cushion only add to the meticulous comfort that the chair provides.
- The base is filled with dense foam, apt for a comfortable seating for long hours.
- The armrests are plastic and can be adjusted in various ways. You can either push them forward or pull them back, or you can rotate them inward or outward.
- The build quality feels a little less than good and could be improved.
DX Racer Tank 450Lbs DOH/TS29/NE Big Man Chairs
The DX Racer Tank is certainly the giant on our list as it can support upto 450 pounds of weight with its strong aluminium base. This chair is made from PU (polyurethane) material which means it doesn’t sag or change shape. The PU material also makes you feel as if you’re sitting in a racing car.
- As far as comfort is concerned, it certainly delivers.
- With lumbar and headrest cushions and the comfortable padding in the chair, you can play games for long hours without feeling pain in your body.
- The footrests are wider than those in most gaming chairs and provide a larger surface area to rest your feet.
- The back of the chair is high enough to accommodate people with over 6 feet of height.
- The arms can be adjusted in 4D directions increasing the level of comfort it provides.
- Whenever you are feeling tired in the middle of your long gaming session, use the 120 degree recliner to lay down and feel energized within a few minutes
- The recliner can be locked at different degrees for different needs. For example, one can get their work done at 90 degrees, enjoy their favorite movie or play a badass game at 100 degrees, lie back and read a book at 110 degrees or just doze off after a tiring game at 120 degrees.
- The DX Racer Tank comes with a lifetime warranty on frame and a 24-month warranty on parts.
- The chair also comes with two extra gas cylinders which you can replace anytime.
- This chair isn’t cheap, but is certainly comfortable and capable of letting tall and big people enjoy those long gaming sessions.
X Rocker Pro H3 275
The X Rocker Pro is a unique chair on this list because of its integrated audio and wireless connectivity features and a different design altogether. It’s one thing to use a chair for gaming, and it’s a whole different thing to make the chair part of your gaming. The chair has 4.1 surround sound with four speakers on left, right, front, back, and one subwoofer for that bass you like. The audio experience provides a theatre like gaming experience which sets the X Rocker Pro apart from all other chairs.
- This big and tall gaming chair is made for an immersive gaming experience. The chair has a vibration feature for that special moments when you need to feel the action rather than just watch it on the screen. So let’s say if your character in the game is shot, or your car gets hit by a truck, you will feel the shock in your chair.
- The wireless connectivity is a remarkable feature on this one since you can put the chair away from the gaming console and still enjoy the game. It comes with a wireless transmitter that gets plugged into the gaming console and connects to the chair for a 4.1 surround audio. If you particularly hate wires because of the mess they create, you’ll fall in love with this chair.
- The immersive audio and vibration experience suits not only gaming but also makes watching movies a delightful experience.
- These big man chairs fold for easy storage so you can easily move it from one room to the other or keep it in your car to take it to your friend’s place
- It has a rocking motion too which will come in handy for couples who want to have their baby sleep in their lap while they are playing their favorite game.
- You shouldn’t cross your legs on this chair as it will fall over.
DXRacer Classic Series DOH/CE120/NC Big and Tall Chair
The DXRacer Classic is a great big and tall gaming chair with many appealing features. The first thing you’ll notice is its impressive, executive design which isn’t boring like the other executive chairs in the market. The chair comes with a built-in headrest, a bonus lumbar cushion, and the supportive foam makes for a really comfortable seating. The integrated headrest makes the chair look good and this chair doesn’t have any ridges or sidelifts on the seat as in many other DXRacer chairs which result in a restricted seating position.
- It is strong and sturdy with its strong aluminum base and the extra high backrest makes it a great gaming chair for tall and big people.
- It is made of leather style vinyl which is a racing car style breathable material. So the chair won’t get heated in hot summer days.
- The padding feels extremely firm but is still very comfortable and won’t get flattened after a couple months of use.
- It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs and a height limit of 6 feet.
- The plastic armrests can be adjusted up and down, so you can slide the chair under your desk when you want to get really close to the screen.
- Moving the chair under the desk this way also helps with the posture.
- On each armrest, there’s a button near the thumb side with which you can move the arms forward or backward.
The only drawback here is that if you’re taller than 6 feet, then this chair won’t suit you.
- The armrest can be moved in a 3D motion, but they feel a bit cheap for the price of this chair.
DXRacer King Series Big and Tall Chair DOH/KS06/NB
The DXRacer King series is the most popular DXRacer chair, so deserves to be listed among the best big and tall gaming chairs. First, let us get straight to the point. This DXRacer is suited for people with height upto 6’2” (188 cm) and weight upto 300 lbs (136.1 kg). It has a X large design which means it is well-suited for bigger and taller people.
- Assembling this chair isn’t difficult at all and will take about twenty minutes.
- The backrest on this DXRacer is tall and properly built, so resting your back feels very comfortable.
- The backrest is wider than other chairs and gives ample support to the lower back.
- It also comes with a lumbar/neck pillow which can be used after long gaming sessions to feel at ease.
- These big man chairs can swivel around 360 degrees which can add spark to your game, especially if you play NFS.
- These heavy duty chairs can be reclined from 90 to 135 degrees which is good enough to take a quick nap when you’re tired or watch movies feeling like a “king”.
- The armrests can be moved in 4D dimensions, to change their height and angles. It comes with 3-inch caster wheels which makes maneuvering quite easy.
- As gamers, we tend to move around to get close to the screen or stand up when we score a point.
- The material on this DXRacer is PU leather which is fade resistant and can be easily cleaned. The carbon vinyl cover on the chair gives it a shiny look, accentuating its gaming design.
- The chair is extremely strong and durable.
- The hydraulic unit has been imported from Germany and is made to pass international standards of quality.
- The DXRacer accessories pass 72 rigorous tests before they’re ready for sale.
- The drawback is that, for its price, the maximum height on this chair could be more (it is 6’2”).
- The chair is pretty expensive, even when considering all the features it provides.
- This is a heavy chair with 62 lbs. weight and this may be of concern for some people.
Ficmax High Back Ergonomic Gaming Chair
Ficmax High Back Ergonomic Chair is one of the best big man chairs for big and tall people, especially if you don’t want to spend too much money. Its ergonomic design provides comfort for long gaming hours and the complimentary electric massager adds to the level of comfort it provides. Imagine how good it would feel to take a massage after that tiring gaming session.
- It comes with removable headrest and lumbar pillows to avoid back and neck pain.
- These heavy duty chairs are filled with high density thick sponge that won’t flatten after prolonged use.
- The leather also feels high-quality and is easily cleanable and fade resistant.
- The armrests are wider and thicker than most chairs.
- It also comes with an adjustable footrest.
- With so many features, it’s quite clear that Ficmax has provided more comfort than many other chairs within (and over) its budget.
- Its solid frame can support upto 300 pounds of weight and the maximum height supported on this chair is.
- The backrest can move from 90 degrees to a full 180 degrees raising the bar in the levels of comfort provided.
- The swivel can turn a full 360 degrees.
- Ficmax provides free replacement and money back for any reason within the first 30 days. It also comes with a 12-month warranty on parts and lifetime warranty on frame.
- Overall, this is a quality chair at its current price of Low - Mid $xxx.
- It provides various features for customization and can be used for hardcore gaming, watching movies, and even to take a relaxing massage after long hours of work or gaming.
- The build material is high-quality PU leather which breathes well and protects against heat in hot summer days.
- These heavy duty chairs are also very safe as it is made explosion proof with a powerful gas spring.
- The only drawback is that its side bolsters are made of metal and may be uncomfortable if you’re very large.
Furmax Executive PU Leather Gaming Chair
The Furmax Executive comes with PU (polyurethane leather) which breathes well and looks good on the chair and is also stain resistant. The 5 star nylon base makes the chair strong and secure and can support a weight of upto 330 pounds. This is a bit different as it uses a wooden and plastic frame instead of a steel frame.The chair comes with a pneumatic gas system raise, the lower handle swiftly adjusts the chair height. The backrest can be reclined up to 150 degrees which is enough to take a nap when you’re tired. These big man chairs swivel a complete 360 degrees and rolls smooth on the floor.
- The armrests are padded and don’t feel cheap at all.
- However, the padding is firm which means it will not flatten after prolonged use.
- Soft padding sometimes collapses or flattens after a few months of use.
- Furmax provides 30 days replacement or refund guarantee which is a huge plus
- It also provides free replacements for installment problems, damaged or missing parts for the first six months.
- Overall, this is a good chair in a low-budget and accommodates people as heavy as 280 lbs.
- The design of these big man chairs is particularly commendable for this price range as it looks like a pro-gamer’s chair with its contours from the lower back to the neck area.
- The only drawback is that the backrest could be a bit taller as people over 6 feet height may find it uncomfortable.
Homall Executive Leather Swivel Chair
Homall’s Executive Swivel Leather Chair is the best looking big man chairs in a Low $xxx price. Homall always tries to copy the design and features of the ever-so-expensive DXRacer and produces it at a lower price to attract its customers. However, this might be a blessing in disguise as the chair offers a variety of features for a low price tag.
- The design of the chair is absolutely amazing and it looks much costlier than it actually is.
- The high back is made to hug the body with its removable neck and lumbar support cushions.
- It has a full 360 degree swivel base.
- These heavy duty chairs can recline back to a full 180 degrees making it perfect for a restful sleep after a long gaming or study session.
- For what looks like a race car seat, one would think that it is too good to be true and that it would certainly lack points on comfort and durability. But this isn’t true.
- The chair supports a weight of upto 300 lbs, which is great given its price.
- The material is PU leather which is better than other kinds of leather chairs in the market.
- It breathes well, doesn’t get stained, and looks great too.
- The five star base is strong as rock and makes it very durable.
- It can accommodate a sitting height of upto 20.9 inches, so check yours if you’re too tall before you make a buying decision.
- The chair ranks well in terms of comfort too. The shoulder area is wider than usual and the tall neck along with a very comfortable neck pillow makes the backrest a complete package.
- The wheels are scratch free and won’t damage your floor
- The armrests aren’t adjustable as they are in most gaming chairs.
What Makes A Good Gaming Chair?
The number one deal maker in big man chairs is the level of comfort it provides. The back of the chair should be tall enough and wide enough to accommodate tall and big people. Neck and lumbar cushions increase comfort making the chair suitable for long hours of use. Contouring around the different areas of the chair and the quality of the foam or sponge used is an integral element of comfort. The ability of the chair to recline back while maintaining balance is equally important. The armrests shouldn’t be too stiff and should be adjustable for different seating positions. Footrests provide added comfort and if there’s a lower back massager, it makes the chair irresistible.
The base of the chair should be strong enough to accommodate a large weight. A good example is the 5-star aluminum base that can hold 300-400 lbs. The quality of leather should be good so that it is stain resistant, can be easily cleaned and breathes fully on hot summer days. Normal PVC leather can trap heat during summer days and can be really uncomfortable without air conditioning. PU leather is better and breathes more fully.
For gamers, a boring office chair won’t do. Big man chairs which look like racing car seats are indeed appealing and if they can provide other important features, they can win the heart of almost any gamer on the planet.
Providing good features but at a hefty price doesn’t make the cut. A good gaming chair comes at a fair price, feels high quality and lasts for a long time. A good example of a well-priced product is the Ficmax Ergonomic High Back chair that provides a host of features such as electric massager, adjustable footrest, neck and lumbar pillows - all at a fair price.
Good posture doesn’t mean you have to become stiff like a plank. The first element of a good posture is to keep the spine “neutral”. This means there will be a small hollow at the base of the neck, a slight curve in the middle back and a small hollow in the lower back. The point is to maintain the natural curves of the spine at these three points instead of sitting or standing too straight.
FAQ: Big & Tall Gaming Chair
Here's an FAQ with a range of commonly asked questions about big and tall heavy duty chairs.
Q. Is it worth it if you're not ‘big and tall’?
You don't have to be The Big Show to feel the benefits of a large chair. These big man chairs are usually wider and taller, offering additional space and comfort due to the excess size. If you've broken seats in the past, it could be better to go for something sturdy.
Q. Are larger chairs hard to assemble?
Normally, it depends on the brand and the price range. Expensive chairs tend to come with just a body and base to attach, although some models will require some assembly.
Q. What is the most important thing to look for when buying a chair?
If you're on the heavier side, the base is always the most important thing to check for. You don't want it snapping or cracking if you lean back. Solid materials will always make a difference so make sure you're buying the best heavy duty chairs.
Q. Is there an optimal angle for comfort?
Cramp is a typical problem for taller users. A number of these big man chairs will work to improve your posture with prolonged use, while others are fully extendable. They make a huge difference, especially after an hour or two of sitting down.
Q. What should I be aiming to avoid when buying a larger chair?
As well as the base, it's important to check on the overall build quality. You don't want wobbly arms, and padding should be as think as possible for maximum comfort.
Q. How about a second-hand chair?
Normally, you can sometimes get away with buying an expensive chair second hand. It can lead to a bargain, but it's tough to be sure when the main point of the chair is reinforcement. Who knows how much use it's had?
Q. Is insurance/extended warranty worth it?
No matter the price, it's probably best to go for some form of insurance if you plan on using it regularly. A number of brands also offer extended warranty.
Q. What's the recommended time to stay seated if you're taller?
If you're worried about aches and pains, we recommend you get up once every two hours to stretch out. If they chair fits your build you might be able to last even longer.
Q. What are some of the benefits of a specialist chair?
In short, even if the build quality is comparable, it's worth going for a seat with a higher weight capacity. There's no sense in testing the limits of a lighter chair.
When you’re on the ultimate search for a big and tall gaming chair and you need something that’s heavy duty that can support you, just remember the golden rule of looking for that extra strong base. Any chair that’s got a strong base is more than likely more than enough to support you. What we like to look for is metal or alloy material.
Of course, you’ll want to shop accordingly to your budget but we know how hard it is to find a big and tall gaming chair that's compatible for you. We also look through hundreds, if not thousands of customer reviews to find out if there are any complaints from tall or larger people that can’t enjoy or fit in the chair. We make sure that each chair we pick is custom tailored for you and of the highest quality. We only recommend the best to all our readers and every single chair on this list is highly recommended.