The Z-line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk is a unique blend of quality texture and fancy design but made for gamers.
It also looks great in an office environment if you have a homework environment that you’d like a desk for. Even better, Z Line computer desk is an inexpensive desk and doesn’t cost a lot compared to a lot of other desks of this caliber or size on the market. We were blown away by the number of positive reviews that have been left for this Z Line desk.
Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
Made by Z-line Designs, Z Line computer desk is one of our most promising gaming desks yet because it combines the elegance of simplistic design with commercial grade reliability and durability all in one. This desk is mostly ideal for corner placement but can be placed anywhere there’s space for it and still look good.
- Made by Z-line Designs, this is one of our most promising gaming desks yet because it combines the elegance of simplistic design with commercial grade reliability and durability all in one. This desk is mostly ideal for corner placement but can be placed anywhere there’s space for it and still look good.
- Has an L-curve shape with a nice and smooth edge, so you won’t have to worry about the edge of the desk banging into the wall or scratching anything because the outer edge is curved and smooth to the touch
- While there is some assembly required, all of the hardware necessary is included and there are top-notch quality instructions included with the assembly to help you get up and going in no time at all
- While it looks huge in imagery, it actually only comes packaged at 60 inches by 24 inches and stands tall at 37 inches high, so it’s big but not nearly as big as the images make it look
- The glass is made with tempered finish material and is very durable, so it won’t break easy (not that we’re saying you should be trying to break it)
Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
- There’s a limited lifetime warranty included with this Z Line desk, so you can send this desk back for any reason to have it replaced or repaired with little or no cost to you depending on the terms of the warranty at the time
- Has some of the most detailed and step by step instructions we’ve ever seen for a gaming desk and it really makes an installation for this desk an absolute breeze
- The welding joints are reinforced with steel plating, which gives added extra durability for adding more weight onto the desktop of the desk
- The base pegs allow the desk to sit about half an inch off the ground which gives a little more breathing room for the legs and it makes this desk easier to move if you need to move it to another room
- The glass material is made with 6mm & 5mm tempered glass which is highly resilient, strong and durable, you aren’t going to puncture or break this glass unless you’re really trying to
- One thing the glass isn’t though is fingerprint proof and you will get quite a lot of fingerprints on the glass, so be prepared to clean up a bit
I really didn’t want to get an all-glass surface top gaming desk at first but I caved in and purchased one. I really love this desk and I wish I had gotten one sooner. It’s got more room than I thought it would have and it’s a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be as well. Overall, this was a really good purchase that I can’t regret.
Picking out a gaming desk is always somehow so complicated because I’m so picky but when I first laid eyes on this, I for some reason wanted to try it out. Well, I now have no regrets and I really hope this desk will last for many years to come because it’s been really great to me so far.
The Results You’ll Get from This Product
The overall lavishing style of this Z Line computer desk and the full glass desktop finish is really nice to look at and is really great to the touch. It allows you to place anything on it that you want and holds the weight accordingly so you’re getting a great looking desk that’s practical and not just another pretty face. While the leg room of this desk could be improved on a little bit, it’s still pretty free-flowing and you can rest your feet on the back of the desk.
The layout of the Z Line desk can be changed to however your preferences are or your room is set up. The raised monitor shelf can be to the left or the right. The same goes for the keyboard drawer.
Though the glass may not be suited for every taste, it does serve a practical purpose. Many desks at this price point use particle board either for the frame or desktop. How many of those will last years? In some cases, they get dented or the edges break open revealing just how cheap they really are before you have even finished the assembly.
Glass will last a lifetime, and as it is tempered it is very strong and will resist most breaks. If you want a desk that is ergonomic and efficient and will stand the test of time, the glass is really your best option. It won't get scratched like wood nor will it get stained if a spill goes uncleaned for some time.
The glass is quite strong on its own, but with the sturdiness of the frame, it can handle quite a bit of weight. In fact, the corner section of the desk, with no support for the glass, can still handle up to 50 pounds.
The one negative to having it made of glass is that you can see all the wires and cables. You may want to find a cable organizer to keep the loose wires from looking like a bird's nest. There are a lot of options out there to keep your cables tidy and should really be done even if you have a wooden desk.
To assemble the Z Line Belaire glass L shaped computer desk, the instructions are very clear and precise. Alone, you can have this done in less than an hour. With some help, you can easily halve that. No special tools are required, and no drilling necessary. Though, you may want to use a power screwdriver to make it easy on your wrists and save some time. The holes are a bit tight so getting the screws in all the way will take a bit of elbow juice if you do it manually.
Packaging for the delivery of the Z Line Belaire glass L shaped computer desk is kind of hit or miss. Some people say that the box it came in was pretty roughed up and in some cases, the glass was broken. Others reported that the packaging was top notch. If it does arrive damaged, then it is a simple fix to send it back and get a replacement. That obviously is inconvenient, but at least Z Line is responsive and understands that these issues can happen through no fault of the buyer.
Z-line designs have always made some interesting design decisions and some interesting products in general but we can definitely recommend that you at least give this Z Line desk a chance because you’ll probably love it just as much as we did. Also, it has thousands of positive reviews and all those reviewers can’t be wrong. Try out it for yourself, it’s relatively cheap to get with a lifetime warranty.
- Design - 8.5/108.5/10
- Comfort - 9/109/10
- Durability - 9/109/10
- Strength - 9/109/10